Thank you for your interest in our scholarships. We are currently not accepting applications. The application process usually begins with applications being made available on our web site in April with a due date in early to mid May. Winners are notified and awards are made either at a Vecinos reception, or at the South Pasadena Awards Night, typically the last Wednesday in May.
If you want to get prepared for the process, below is the scholarship criteria we used most recently:
- Be a graduating high school senior for 2020
- Attend South Pasadena High School or be a South Pasadena resident
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be accepted as a full-time undergraduate college student in fall 2020, this includes students attending any accredited postsecondary institution.
- Submit official high school transcripts.
- Submit an application.
- Submit a 1,000 -1,500 word (max), double spaced essay addressing the one, or more of following:
- What insights have you gained through your experiences in the Latino community that help define your identity and your aspirations?
- Describe your contributions or engagement with the Latino community.
- How do you imagine engaging with the Latino community as you enter adulthood and beyond?